Friday, August 19, 2011

Dalai Lama in Finland



Today as I am writing this, the Dalai Lama is visiting Finland. The situation in Finland is the same as every time His Holiness the Dalai Lama has visited Finland. All the government officials are hiding and making excuses for not meeting His Holiness. Especially hypocritical are the politicians who pride themselves for being supporters of human rights, and yet are conspicuously missing in action. I am referring to sissies and wimps like our Minister for Foreign Affairs Erkki Tuomioja and our president Mrs. Tarja Halonen. Why are these pussies hiding? Because if they didn't hide, the human rights abusers in the Red China would get upset and probably yell at them.
I am a Finn myself and I find it disheartening that Finland has become a nation of candy-assed cowards. There are some bright exceptions though. Ms. Heidi Hautala (MEP, Green Party) is one of them. Even though I often (not always) find myself disagreeing with the positions of the Green Party I have to give credit where credit is due. I am proud to say that in 2000 I voted for Ms. Hautala for President of Finland. Right now we need more politicians with a spine.
Here is a rare picture of President Halonen and Minister for Foreign Affairs Erkki Tuomioja keeping a close eye on human rights.


( Added June 15th, 2014. Even though I voted for Ms. Hautala for president in 2000, I probably would not do it now. Back then she appeared to have a brain and a spine, but unfortunately she has done and said dumb things since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment